.
Google

e mërkurë, 13 qershor 2007

Episode 01 -- Linux installation

*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*

       Recently, I started to run ROMS ~~~ I had to say:
 "really exhausted but happy job".ROMS was not as
 easy as I expected, so more effort is needed.

 I hope dear rookies will join me until we become
 expertized together...
               -- Yun Li


*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*_*~.~*

=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
    Checklist
=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
1. Red Hat Linux 8.0 installation CD (3 pieces)
2. XX software (allocate physical disks)
3. Internet connection
4. Red Hat Linux 8.0
        > 1.5 GB of free disk space
        > 1.8 GB of free disk space (If choosing both the GNOME and KDE)
        > 32M RAM (Required)
        > 64M RAM (Recommended)

=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:==:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:==:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
    Install Linux to my Laptop -- Founder Yihe S260
=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:==:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:==:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
1. Check requirement and hardware
15G Free disk space
256M RAM
Intel Celeon
Intel® 82852/82855 GM/GME (Vitally important for display configuration)

2. Allocate disk space
My laptop was once installed Windows XP sp2 as OS. I do not want to withdraw it temporarily, so my husband Sam helps me reallocate 15G D disk space with XXX software. Then we get logical allocation as:
/etc
/xxx
/xxx

3. Follow the instruction and install Linux, please remember to select all the necessary packages. For me, I will run ROMS, so the developing package and GCC kit are indispensable.

4. Rebooting the computer is required for complete installation. But my video card is not automatically detected by the drivers included in Linux 8.0, so I fail to log into the system with GUI (Graphic User Interface). Get rid of this problem, follow the steps below,
Plugin the internet cable and restart PC. Follow the prompt to log into root user, and then type the command lines one by one
# wget http://downloadmirror.intel.com/8203/eng/i915Graphics.tar.gz Mydisk/dir
# gunzip Mydisk/dir/i915Graphics.tar.gz
# tar –xvf Mydisk/dir/i915Graphics.tar
# cd Mydisk/dir/dripkg
#./install.sh
# startx
(NOTE : http://downloadmirror.intel.com/8211/eng/dri-I915-v1.1-20041217.i386.rpm can be an alternative, but a little complicated)

Nuk ka komente: